Archive - October 2011
Del 21 al 30 de octubre tiene lugar la exposición de pintura y escultura del XXIII Certamen de artes plásticas “Miguel González Sandoval” 2011. Obra seleccionada:
Bailando Sevillanas II (61 x 50 cm – óleo sobre lienzo).
El lugar de la exposición es la Sala Municipal de Exposiciones “El Bailío” en C/ Blas Infante, s/n. Lora del Río (Sevilla). Horarios de la exposición: de Lunes a Viernes: de 11:00 a 13:00h. y de 18:00 a 20:00h. – Sábados: de 11:00 a 14:00h. y de 18:00 a 20:ooh. – Domingos: de 11:00 a 14:00h. Del 21 al 30 de octubre 2011.
As I have already told you in the “about the artist ” section of this website, my starting point or main reference I had was the painter Pere Torné-Esquius (Barcelona 1879-Flavancourt 1936).
In fact, the idea about painting this naïve style came out just after having seen his eleven paintings about childhood
that had decorated a child´s room. They were exhibited in the fine-art gallery Sala Parés in Barcelona at the end of 2006.
I have chosen some of them from the catalog of the exhibition to show them to you.
The catalogue of the gallery Sala Parés provided the Pere Torné-Esquius biograpghy.
Below you can find the original text that had been published in the exhibition catalogue, and then you can find a translated script (Catalan to English translation) which summarizes the painter´s life already detailed in the catalogue of the Sala Parés.
Catalan to English translation of Pere Torné-Esquius biography summary:
- Painter and draftsman of the XIXth and XXth Century. (Barcelona 1879-Flavancourt 1936).
- He studied at the Escola de Belles Arts de Barcelona and he spent some time in Madrid, too.
- Although his art education was according the classicism standards, he was soon interested in the new painting styles emerging and for this reason he moved to Paris in 1905.
- The artist soon felt comfortable in the elegant and cosmopolitan Paris atmosphere, and this was reflected not only in his genre paintings but also in his city landscapes ones.
- Although his favourite places or settings were in France, he never avoided extended stays in Barcelona.
- His personal painting style and also his many illustrations in magazines and weekly publications were highly appreciated in the French capital.
- Although being a highly appreciated painter in Barcelona, his works are not included in many of the city collections. However, he is represented in Barcelona in the MNAC collection.